In an environment where customers have almost unlimited choices on where to purchase products and services, superior employee performance is key to a company's success. Many companies have created Employee of the Month programs to express their appreciation for their employees excellent work habits and positive attitude.
Employee of the Month programs honor an employee who
- inspired and supported the performance and achievement of others
- demonstrated a positive attitude toward work responsibilities, co-workers, and customers
- serves as a role model for others
- was present enough in his or her job to catch a significant mistake
- was willing to fill in for a co-worker or supervisor
- went beyond the call of duty to get a job done right
- performed extraordinarily on a difficult project
Here is how we envision an Honoring Employees program.
Once management has chosen an Employee of the Month, that employee receives an HonorCoin™. If, at some point, the employee chooses to do so, she or he can pass on that coin to someone they want to honor and acknowledge. This could either be a colleague or anyone they observe being honorable.
In this way, employees are encouraged to be aware when someone is honorable, just as management honors them. And by passing on the coin, the potential for honor among all people becomes a real possibility.
Just imagine - how would your company culture benefit if your employees are honored and encouraged and empowered to honor others?
To learn how to participate in the HonorCoin™ Project, please go to www.honorcoin.org.